Whether you’re seeking cosmetic dentistry, orthodontic services, prosthodontics, or just a comfortable dentist’s office for your routine cleanings, Philly has tons of talented and reliable dentists to choose from. Browse our list of the 21 best dentists in Philadelphia to locate the best choice for your dental needs!
First Look at Philadelphia’s Best Dentists:
- Best Cosmetic Dentist in Philly: Dr. Pamela G. Doray
- Best Dentists in Philadelphia for Orthodontics: Center City Orthodontics
- Top Rated Philly Dentist by Online Reviewers: Dr. Pablo Sotelo at Frankford Dental Care
- Best Philadelphia Dentist for Prosthodontic Services: Dr. Harry Randel at Randel Reconstructive Dentistry
- Most Affordable Dentists Philadelphia: Dr. Richard Eidelson at Main Street Dental Center City
- Most Relaxing Dentist Philadelphia: The Dental Spa
- Best Philadelphia Dentist for Sedation Dentistry: Dr. Drew Shulman
- Best Women-Owned Dentist’s Office in Philly: Rittenhouse Dentists
- Best Multilingual Dentists Philadelphia: Dr. Beatriz Mirabal at Garces Dental Group
- Best Dental Office Atmosphere in Philadelphia: Blanc Dental Studio
1. Dr. Pamela G. Doray: Best Cosmetic Dentist in Philly
Dr. Doray stands out for being one of only a few Philly-area dentists who’s been awarded Fellowship status with the Academy of General Dentistry. In addition to these and other illustrious credentials, she has the equally important distinction of hundreds of positive reviews from patients.
As an example, we’ll quote a review from a patient who’s been with Dr. Doray for over a decade: “[I] cannot tell you what a pleasure each and every visit has been for me. She has taken me through crowns, Invisaligns, veneers and more. She sets the bar so high and always delivers impeccable results.”
Reviewers also report favorably on the office’s other staff, describing them as both personable and efficient.
With so many of Dr. Doray’s patients having these kinds of positive experiences, it’s no wonder that she is a dentist Philadelphia locals trust to handle their dental care time and time again. Additionally, her office is “recognized nationally as the premiere dental practice in the region for cosmetic, implant and advanced restorative dental treatment.”
- Website: https://www.pamelagdoraydmd.com/
- Services: General dentistry, dental hygiene, dental fillings, cosmetic dentistry, dental bonding, porcelain veneers, teeth whitening, Invisalign, periodontal therapy, crowns and bridges, and dental implants
- Address: 1528 Walnut Street, Suite 1800, Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Phone number: (215) 395-6076
2. Center City Orthodontics: Best Dentists in Philadelphia for Orthodontics
Anyone of any age in need of braces, Invisalign, or even more intensive procedures like orthodontic surgery would benefit from the services of Center City Orthodontics. Patients report that this office’s team of dentists, hygienists, and receptionists is welcoming and accommodating. Reviewers also describe them as highly skilled at guiding their patients on the path toward their “perfect smile.”
On their social media pages, Center City Orthodontics emphasizes the importance of the treatments they provide not just for beautiful and healthy teeth, but also for holistic health: “Orthodontics is no longer a specialty that is just creating perfect smiles and aligning teeth but has now advanced to creating a balance between facial structures, airways, temporomandibular joint (TMJ) and the teeth.”
- Website: https://centercityortho.com/
- Services: Childhood orthodontic treatment, adult orthodontic treatment, Invisalign, self-ligating braces, accelerated orthodontics, lingual braces, and surgical orthodontics
- Address: 1352 South Street, Suite C3, Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Phone number: (215) 800-1495
3. Dr. Pablo Sotelo at Frankford Dental Care: Top-Rated Philly Dentist by Online Reviewers
More than 100 reviewers on Zocdoc give Dr. Pablo Sotelo, DMD an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars, which means that an incredible 95 percent of Dr. Sotelo’s patients gave him a five-star rating. We’ll quote one of these glowing reviews: “Office was very clean and friendly. Fabulous bedside manners. As much as I do not like going to dentists, they were very gentle and made you feel like home. Great atmosphere.”
In addition to Dr. Sotelo’s renowned bedside manner, you won’t have to worry about extended wait times here, making the overall experience at Frankford Dental Care both streamlined and pleasant–or at least as pleasant as visiting the dentist can be!
- Website: https://frankforddentalcare.com
- Services: Routine dental care, cosmetic dentistry, denture services, almost invisible braces, teeth whitening, and dental emergencies
- Address: 9523 Frankford Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19114
- Phone number: (215) 302-1746
4. Dr. Harry Randel at Randel Reconstructive Dentistry: Best Philadelphia Dentist for Prosthodontic Services
We’ll start by defining this more niche area of dentistry for those who haven’t heard of it. As described by Cleveland Clinic, prosthodontics is “dedicated to making replacements for missing or damaged teeth” using treatments like dentures, bridges, crowns, and dental implants.
Prosthodontics focuses on replacing missing teeth to bring your teeth back to a state of functionality and health, while the practices of general dentistry are primarily about keeping your existing teeth healthy with care and repairs.
With all this in mind–who is the Philly area’s best prosthodontist? Many reviewers agree that it’s Dr. Randel, with one reviewer describing him as “thorough and detailed in all the work he does,” making him “a perfectionist in the best senses of the word.”
As always, the strongest proof of any dentist’s skill is his patients’ results, so it’s worth browsing his online smile galleries for some illuminating before and after photos.
- Website: https://www.harryrandeldmd.com/
- Services: Crowns, bridges, implant restorations, partial or complete dentures, All-on-4 dental implants, cosmetic dentistry, veneers, TMJ treatment, treatment for congenital/developmental mouth defects
- Address: 9892 Bustleton Avenue #304, Philadelphia, PA 19115
- Phone number: (215) 673-0123
5. Dr. Richard Eidelson at Main Street Dental Center City: Most Affordable Dentists Philadelphia
As if going to the dentist isn’t stressful enough on its own, the financial burden it creates can be a significant barrier to receiving care. The combination can make scheduling your next trip to the dentist feel almost impossible.
If you’re worried about the cost of upcoming dental procedures, Dr. Richard Eidelson at Main Street Dental Center City is an affordable choice who doesn’t sacrifice quality or care in his work. For patients who are on Medicare, Main Street Dental accepts this form of insurance, which many otherwise great dentists do not.
Dr. Eidelson’s credentials back up his strong reputation. He has more than two decades of experience as a dentist and a host of dental certifications, fellowships, and professorships.
Equally as importantly, his past and present patients give him tons of effusive reviews like this one: “The atmosphere of his practice is like visiting family. There is laughter and kind words. I actually enjoy going to the dentist. Who [ever] gets to say that? Dr. Eidelson cares not only about my dental health, but also my ability to absorb the cost of certain procedures. He’s flexible, professional, kind, and gentle.”
- Website: https://www.openyourmouth.com/
- Services: Dental cleanings, fillings, gum disease treatment, root canals, sedation dentistry, TMJ treatment, tooth extractions, Invisalign, veneers, teeth whitening, tooth bonding, dental implants, dental bridges, same-day dental crowns, dentures, and 24-hour emergency dental care
- Address: 1048 South Street, Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Phone number: (215) 627-1995
6. The Dental Spa: Most Relaxing Dentist Philadelphia
We can’t blame you for wanting to spend a few hours at a spa instead of at the dentist’s office–we’d feel the same way! For those who are fully committed to finding that spa-style cosmetic dentistry experience, however, never fear–the Dental Spa is likely to be your ideal dentist’s office.
The Dental Spa works hard to cultivate an environment of total relaxation and comfort, using everything “from soft music and warm scented pillows to state-of-the-art treatment areas.” Luxurious amenities you’ll find at their Center City-based office include hot towels, a choice of music options, custom TVs with your choice of entertainment, complimentary drinks, and more.
In addition to their spa-like environment, the Dental Spa offers a long list of high-quality cosmetic dentistry services. Just take a look at the array of impressive before-and-afters in their Smile Gallery for visual evidence.
- Website: https://phillydentalspa.com/
- Services: Dental cleanings and exams, custom athletic mouthguards, breath care, dental emergencies, sleep apnea treatment, periodontal treatment, sedation dentistry, TMJ treatment, tooth fillings, AvaDent dentures, dental crowns and fixed bridges, removable partial dentures, dental bonding, Invisalign, Lumineers, porcelain veneers, teeth whitening, dental implants, and orthodontic treatment
- Address: 1601 Walnut St, Suite 704, Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Phone number: (215) 621-8608
7. Dr. Drew Shulman: Best Philadelphia Dentist for Sedation Dentistry
Readers with dental anxiety that causes them to avoid making dentist appointments–almost one-third of the population, according to the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation (DOCS)–may want to opt for sedation dentistry. Using oral or IV sedation can make it possible for patients to receive necessary dental care by minimizing their pain, stress, and fear during the procedure.
If you need sedation dentistry, we recommend Dr. Drew Shulman because he has the qualifications and training to support his highly specialized services.
In addition to his more than three decades of practice, Dr. Shulman’s website describes him as “one of few dentists in the Philadelphia area to be licensed and certified by the State of Pennsylvania to offer oral conscious sedation to patients. As an active member of the Dental Organization of Conscious Sedation (DOCS), Dr. Shulman has taken over 125 hours of continuing education and training to ensure that your experience is safe, effective, and relaxing.”
Dr. Shulman’s services include general dentistry such as fillings, root canals, and extractions, cosmetic dentistry options like Invisalign, veneers, and tooth whitening, and restorative dentistry like bridges, implants, and crowns. For even more proof of the quality of his work, be sure to browse Dr. Shulman’s “smile gallery” for some seriously transformative before-and-after photos.
- Website: https://www.cosmeticdentistphiladelphia.com/
- Services: General dentistry (fillings, emergency dentistry, family dentistry, laser dentistry, mouthguards, root canal, sedation dentistry, and tooth extraction), cosmetic dentistry (Invisalign, porcelain veneers, tooth bonding, and tooth whitening), and restorative dentistry (dental bridges, implants, dentures and partials, dental crowns, periodontal therapy, and TMJ treatment)
- Address: 2417 Welsh Road, Philadelphia, PA 19114
- Phone number: (215) 372-1142
8. Rittenhouse Dentists: Best Women-Owned Dentist’s Office in Philly
Whatever the reason may be, some readers might feel more comfortable visiting and supporting a woman dentist at a women-owned dentist’s office. If that’s the case, consider scheduling your next appointment at Rittenhouse Dentists, where all of the dentists on staff are women.
To quote one of the numerous happy reviewers of this office, “After having multiple appointments with them, I definitely recommend this office. They were extremely friendly and it was an efficient and easy process.”
For those who are (understandably) concerned about the cost of upcoming dental work, Rittenhouse Dentists also offers a Membership Plan that makes these procedures more financially accessible for those without dental insurance. It includes a comprehensive and six-month recall exam, annual digital X-rays, two preventative teeth cleanings per year, and 20 percent off of other treatment fees at the annual cost of $399 per person.
- Website: https://rittenhousedentists.com/
- Services: Dental cleanings for children and adults, botox dentistry (e.g. to treat TMJ or bruxism), Invisalign, emergency dentistry, fillings, and dental implants
- Address: 1801 Pine Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Phone number: (215) 545-8600
9. Dr. Beatriz Mirabal at Garces Dental Group: Best Multilingual Dentists Philadelphia
A language barrier with your dentist can absolutely be a barrier to your comfort in the dentist’s office. If you are a Spanish, Greek, or Albanian speaker, Dr. Beatriz Marabal is a quadrilingual dentist who can speak with you in your first language to maximize clear communication between the two of you.
Not only is Dr. Mirabel linguistically talented, she’s also a beloved dentist Philadelphia locals have highly reviewed for years! She’s received more than 130 ratings on Healthgrades that add up to an impressive rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars.
Her office, Garces Dental Group, is a particularly good choice for routine and general dentistry. They focus mainly on clinical procedures like cleanings, fillings and crowns, bridges and dentures, and root canals and implants, but also offer a couple of basic cosmetic procedures (veneers and teeth whitening).
- Website: https://www.garcesdentalgroup.com/
- Services: Routine and deep cleanings, fillings, crowns, bridges, dentures, root canals, implants, teeth whitening, and veneers
- Address: 212 Race Street, Unit 1A, Philadelphia, PA 1910
- Phone number: (215) 923-1233
10. Blanc Dental Studio: Best Dental Office Atmosphere in Philadelphia
Seeking a stylish, modern dentist’s office with top-notch ambiance and a skilled, professional team of dentists and hygienists? Consider visiting Blanc Dental Studio for your next dental treatment, because the vibes here are impeccable–whether you’re in need of basic, general dentistry, or a variety of cosmetic dentistry services.
Speaking of cosmetic dentistry, Blanc Dental Studio’s Dr. Christopher Roxas is a certified perio/fixed prosthodontist who specializes in “smile enhancement.” This means he utilizes a personalized combination of cosmetic dentistry techniques “to achieve the ideal, [most] natural-looking smile possible”: teeth whitening, orthodontics, aesthetic crown lengthening, dental implants, gum grafting, veneers, crowns and bridges, and other state-of-the-art techniques.
- Website: https://blancdentalstudio.com/
- Services: General dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, implants, smile enhancement (combining whitening, orthodontics, crown lengthening, implants, gum grafts, veneers, and other techniques), and periodontics
- Address: 716 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Phone number: (267) 379-7570
11 More Dentists Philadelphia Locals Love:
11. Dentistry at 1818 Market St.
- Website: https://centercitydentist.com/
- Services: Cosmetic dentistry, restorative dentistry, general dentistry
- Address: 1818 Market St #100, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Phone number: (215) 567-2666
12. Philadelphia Dentistry
- Website: https://www.phillydentistry.com/
- Services: Cosmetic dentistry, restorative dentistry, emergency dentistry, preventative care
- Address: 1601 Walnut St #1302, Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Phone number: (215) 568-6222
13. Dentistry for Life
- Website: https://dentistryforlife.net/
- Services: Advanced dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, general dentistry, implant dentistry
- Address: 1601 Walnut St #1217, Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Phone number: (215) 575-0550
- Website: https://www.phillysmiles.com/
- Services: Emergency dental treatment, Invisalign, cosmetic dentistry, comprehensive health and wellness, gum disease, restorative dentistry, extractions, bone grafting, implant dentistry
- Address: 1804 Rittenhouse Square, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Phone number: (215) 735-9000
15. Dr. Gerald Regni, DMD
- Website: https://www.philly-dentist.com/
- Services: Laser, holistic dentistry, biological dentistry, restorative dentistry, implants, cosmetic dentistry
- Address: 937 Christian St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Phone number: (215) 351-9399
17. Pennsylvania Dental Group Ltd
- Website: http://www.padentalgroup.com/
- Services: General dentistry, cosmetic dentistry
- Address: 3700 Market St #101, Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Phone number: (215) 387-0883
18. Mestichelli Barnes Dental Associates
- Website: https://www.southbroaddental.com/
- Services: Preventative dentistry, implant dentistry, Invisalign, cosmetic dentistry, emergency dentistry, restorative dentistry, dentures, veneers, root canals, dental bridges, same-day crowns, laser therapy, extractions, teeth whitening, dental bonding
- Address: 1903 S Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19148
- Phone number: (215) 709-7057
- Website: https://www.denteek.com/
- Services: General dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, veneers, dental implants, crowns, bridges, teeth whitening, inlays and onlays, dental bonding
- Address: 212 Brown St STE 100, Philadelphia, PA 19123
- Phone number: (267) 928-4783
20. Dentistry in Philadelphia
- Website: https://www.dentistryinphiladelphia.com/
- Services: General dentistry, crowns and veneers, advanced root canals, implant placement and restoration
- Address: 1628 Spruce St, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Phone number: (215) 735-8844
21. Team Dental
- Website: https://www.team-dental.com/
- Services: General dentistry, pediatric dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, oral surgery, emergency dental care (x-ray, exams, same-day treatment)
- Address: 992 N 2nd St, Philadelphia, PA 19123
- Phone number: (215) 515-9533
If you found this list of the best dentists in Philadelphia helpful, be sure to share it with friends and family seeking good dental care! And if we forgot to include your favorite Philly dentist’s office, please leave their details in the comments for other readers currently in search of a dentist.
- Best Spas in Philadelphia
- Best Brunch Spots in Philadelphia
- Top Restaurants in Philly
- Best Cheesesteaks in Philly
- Best Bars in Philadelphia
- Best Hoagie Spots in Philly
- Best Vegan Restaurants in Philly
- Best Vets in Philadelphia
Leave a Reply