That award goes to the CEO of a recovery center who got caught sending patients to a Florida treatment facility for financial gain. Joseph Lubowitz, 31, who owned Humble Beginnings Recovery Center and who reportedly claimed he was recovering from an opioid addiction himself, was sentenced to 18 months in prison after he admitted to pocketing $21,000 in kickbacks after sending patients to a treatment facility that would run unnecessary tests and procedures on unsuspecting and desperate people to drive up insurance payments. Wow. Enjoy your stay, Joseph.
More Popular Articles
Most Popular This Week
- Interests, News, OpinionThe thinner blue line
- Interests, News, PeopleComplaint alleges a pattern of misconduct at D.A.’s office
- News, People‘I’m going to kick Krasner’s ass’
- Opinion, PeopleStu Bykofsky: Don’t fall for Larry Krasner’s cynical bait-and-switch trick
- NewsFood, festivities and ALL the fireworks planned for this summer’s Wawa Welcome America celebration