…In our step knowing that the Allegheny Avenue Pep Boys, owned by billionaire Carl Icahn, will soon be closing, the Inquirer reported on Sunday. The company, which turned 100 in the New Year, suffered losses in recent years due to a credit rating downgrade and was forced to close stores and garages across the country. Many are criticizing the move, saying that Philly – and the northeast especially – rely on Pep Boys’ investment for jobs. Manny, Moe and Jack were unavailable for comment.
More Popular Articles
Most Popular This Week
- Interests, NewsThe thinner blue line
- NewsFood, festivities and ALL the fireworks planned for this summer’s Wawa Welcome America celebration
- LGBTQ / Sex, Sex with TimareeSex addiction isn’t a thing, actually
- Interests, News‘Mob Talk Sitdown’ covers organized crime in Philly
- Interests, NewsMeet Carlos Vega