We’ve put in the work so you don’t have to. After countless hours of research, numerous cream applications to our own back pain, and closely reading the words of industry experts, we confidently bring you the best CBD cream brands for back pain.
Regardless of how your back pain came about, the fact of the matter is that all back pain is painful.
Whether chronic or short-lived, there are many different ways that back pain can be handled. While some prefer to see a chiropractor, physical therapist, or massage therapist, others choose to see their primary care physician or pain specialist who will prescribe dangerous prescription painkillers and anti-inflammatory medications.
Thanks to the rise in CBD’s popularity, more individuals are learning about the many benefits of this natural compound. Today, those suffering with back pain are looking outside of the box when it comes to safely and naturally treating and alleviating the issue.
Our article, written in conjunction with the CBD Break, explores the common causes of back pain and ways that topical CBD cream can treat it. We will also take an objective look at various CBD brands and explain how CBD works to help alleviate back pain on multiple levels.
How Our Best CBD Creams for Pain List Was Created
In order for this article to be written, we first needed to start compiling a list of CBD cream brands that were highly popular in today’s market. Due to the increased interest in CBD, our list became extremely long and unruly.
We then closely looked at every brand by reading lots of customer reviews, examining how every brand sourced and created its products, checking to see if the brand used third-party labs to test its products, whether those lab results were made available to customers, and more.
After coming up with some results, we started eliminating CBD brands from off of our list until only a few brands remained that matched our strict standards.
After that, we narrowed our list down even more until we were left with the five CBD brands that you will read about further down in our article.
Lastly, our findings would not be authentic if we left out reports from notable CBD journalists, actual CBD customers, and CBD experts.
What We Looked For:
As we were narrowing down our list of CBD cream brands, we examined each brand for:
- The effectiveness of each brand in handling back pain, inflammation, anxiety, sleep, discomfort, and a host of other issues.
- Where each brand sources its hemp from.
- How and where each brand processes its hemp and if the brand meets the FDA guidelines put forth for CBD products.
- Are the brand’s products full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, or CBD isolate extracts?
- What are the THC levels in each product once they are available for purchase.
- Is a third-party lab used to test products and are those results easy for customers to acquire?
- Were dosage and usage instructions given to customers?
- What is the brand’s reputation based on customer reviews as well as product reviews from industry experts?
- Does the brand put forth verified information to customers about CBD with regards to how CBD works, what its benefits are, and what CBD is?
After looking at this information, we confidently disclose our final list of the best CBD cream brands for back pain.
Best CBD Creams for Pain
FAB, founded in 2017, has a mission to craft top-notch CBD products that are accessible to anyone and everyone.
FAB’s founder and staff have many years of experience in the health, nutrition, and fitness industries. The company prides itself on having extremely high standards, which it never deviates from when creating all of its high-quality CBD products. FAB CBD’s topical cream is light, non-greasy, and has a fresh scent. What’s more, FAB’s topical CBD cream contains 600mg of CBD per jar.
FAB purposely begins the creation of its products with organic hemp that is grown in Colorado. FAB then specifically utilizes a Co2, solvent-free extraction method so that all of its extracts come out clean and devoid of unwanted chemicals and other impurities.
Therefore, it should come as no surprise that each of FAB’s products are clean and packed with beneficial cannabinoids and terpenes.
FAB is clearly the top pick for CBD cream for pain as:
- High-Quality CBD Cream: Fab’s non-greasy, light, citrus-scented CBD topical cream is proven highly effective in the treatment and management of back pain. In fact, this item is one of the brand’s popular products among customers. Fab’s topical CBD cream contains 600mg of CBD per jar.
- Product Selection: Not only does FAB have a topical CBD cream, the brand also has CBD gummies, a line of full-spectrum CBD oils in a choice of flavors and strengths, and more. FAB’s topical CBD cream is especially fantastic for those who want a fast, easy, stress-free way to treat back pain.
- Colorado-Grown Hemp: The organic hemp that’s used to create all of FAB’s products is sourced directly from Colorado. The hemp is cultivated and harvested using cutting edge extraction and cloning equipment and methods. This process ensures that all of FAB’s products are crafted with top-quality raw materials so that the end products are of the highest caliber.
- Third-party lab testing: FAB uses third-party lab ProVerde Laboratories to test all of its products. The brand then makes these results easy for customers to find on its website.
- Superior Return Policy: All of FAB’s customers are able to return products within 30 days for a full refund. This money-back guarantee is a wonderful insurance policy for those who are trying out CBD for the first time.
- Highly-effective, non-greasy, light topical CBD cream with a fresh, citrus scent
- Best rated customer service
- Voted #1 on Dmagazine, Laweekly and many more
- Third-party lab-tested products
- Fast shipping
- Free shipping on all orders over $89
- No shipping to Canada or the UK
- No options for auto-ship or subscription memberships for regular orders
#2 PureKana CBD Cream (600mg)
PureKana, based in Scottsdale, AZ, expressly states on its website that it aims to offer affordable wellness products crafted from hemp-based CBD.
The company offers its customers a wide-array of products including CBD topical creams, CBD capsules, CBD gummies, and CBD oils in various strengths and flavors. According to the brand’s website, the hemp that is used for the products is non-GMO, contains zero pesticides, solvents, herbicides, or chemical fertilizers.
- Product Variety: PureKana offers a wide-array of products including CBD creams, CBD oils in different strengths and flavors, CBD capsules, and CBD gummies.
- Clean Products: PureKana’s products are non-GMO, pesticide-free, and completely free of artificial flavors. Some of the brand’s products are also vegan-friendly.
- Third-Party Lab Testing: PureKana uses ProVerde Labs for all of their third-party lab tests on each product that is created.
- Non-GMO hemp
- Product variety
- Money-back guarantee
- Third-party lab testing
- Customer service is slow to respond
- Slow product delivery
- Lab results are difficult to find
#3 Medterra (Varying Strengths)
Medterra was founded by a group of people who have a strong passion for CBD and its benefits. All of the hemp used in the brand’s products is grown and extracted in accordance with guidelines established by the Kentucky Department of Agriculture. Medterra is in partnership with the Hemp Pilot Research Program.
Medterra sells a large variety of products that are 99 percent pure and that are free of THC. Some of the products the brand offers are CBD topical creams, tinctures, capsules, and CBD pet products.
- Targeted CBD Topical Creams: Medterra’s Pain Cream comes in a couple of different strengths. The brand specifically states on its website that its cream provides fast relief for arthritis and joint pain.
- Pure Products: Medterra’s products are all THC-free, non-GMO, and pesticide free. Products are also crafted using the industry preferred Co2 extraction process.
- Hemp that comes from organic farms in Kentucky
- Products are 99 percent pure CBD
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Organic, non-GMO hemp
- Products shipped to the US and internationally
- No vape or edible options
- The company is relatively new
- Products are not full spectrum
- No doses lower than 500mg
#4 JustCBD CBD Cream (100mg and 250mg)
The creators and staff at JustCBD believe that CBD is “Mother Nature’s secret miracle.” The brand believes in full transparency when it comes to knowing what is inside CBD products. JustCBD’s mission is to never misrepresent what is inside the products that it sells.
JustCBD has a lengthy list of products including CBD topicals, gummies, edibles, vape pens, protein bars, dried fruit, full-spectrum tinctures, bath bombs and soap, vape cartridges, honey sticks and coconut oil, vapes, CBD isolate, and pet products.
- CBD Cream for Pain Relief: JustCBD offers CBD topical cream specifically for pain relief.
- Frequent Promotions and Coupon Codes: JustCBD frequently runs promotions and coupon codes for both new and repeat customers. The brand also offers money off with a special code when you purchase a certain dollar amount of product.
- Lab-tested products
- Large variety of products
- Free returns
- Products made from hemp grown in the United States
- Premium products including CBD cream for pain and full-spectrum oils
- Too much of a product selection that can feel overwhelming at times
#5 Hemp Bombs CBD Topical Lotion (125mg)
Hemp Bombs was founded in 2016. The company’s team of experts are dedicated to spreading the word about natural wellness all throughout the world through natural, hemp-derived products.
The brand’s main mission is to discover new and innovative ways to use CBD in people’s everyday lives so that they can feel their best as they sleep, work, exercise, relax, and travel. The brand supports European-sourced hemp over hemp from the United States. All of Hemp Bombs’ plant material is imported from a Grade A certified hemp supplier.
- In-House Manufacturing: Hemp Bombs manufactures all of its products on site as opposed to working with a private labeler. What this means is that the brand does the CBD extraction, processing, and bottling all at its location.
- Large Product Selection: Hemp Bombs has a large variety of products to choose from including CBD Hand & Body Lotion that contains 125mg of CBD. The brand also offers CBD gummies, CBD oil, topicals, capsules, vape oils, and more.
- In-house manufacturing
- Large range of products
- Third-party lab testing
- Ten percent veterans discount
- Prices are on the high side
What to Know When Buying CBD Creams for Back Pain
CBD has skyrocketed in popularity. And as such, there has been a large rush of new CBD brands into the market. Even though some of these brands may seem new and exciting, it is to be understood that not all brands are created equal.
When you make the decision to begin using a CBD cream for pain, it’s best to know:
- How and where CBD brands get their hemp from. It’s an industry fact that cannabis that’s cultivated in Europe and Asia is not subject to the same regulations as hemp that is cultivated within the United States.
- How much THC is in a product. THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, is a compound in cannabis that causes the familiar euphoric high. Even though THC is a natural part of cannabis, any CBD product that is sold in the US legally must contain 0.3% or less THC. Those looking to purchase CBD products should only buy from brands that follow this law.
- Learn the difference between broad-spectrum, full-spectrum, and CBD isolates. In short, full-spectrum products will give you the most and best benefits due to the sheer number of cannabinoids, terpenes, and other parts of hemp that they have in them. Also, full-spectrum CBD products will synergistically work better with the body’s own endocannabinoid system to help bring about a natural state of homeostasis.
- Closely read what is in the brand’s products. Oftentimes, many edibles, tinctures, facial products, and cosmedics can contain unwanted preservatives, unnatural flavorings, and other unhealthy additives. You should always purchase from brands that craft their products from all natural ingredients, are certified organic, and are chemical-free.
- Only buy products from a brand that regularly tests its products through a third-party laboratory and that makes those results easy for customers to obtain. In reading third-party lab results, you will know exactly what you will be putting into your body.
How CBD Cream Can Be an Effective Treatment for Back Pain
Regardless of whether your back pain is chronic or short-term, the fact is that any type of back pain is not only debilitating, but is also both limiting and frustrating. Moreover, many treatments for back pain, including prescription medications and high-risk surgeries, are expensive and dangerous.
Those not wishing to deal with prescription drugs or surgeries are left with the options of treatments such as occupational therapy, massage therapy, chiropractic, physical therapy, or natural pain management.
Today, more back pain sufferers are turning to natural methods to help alleviate and tackle their tough chronic and acute back pain. What’s more, many are learning and discovering for themselves the healing power that CBD can afford them.
The chemical compound Cannabidiol, more commonly known as CBD, is found within both cannabis and hemp. CBD has documented medicinal properties that have been found to alleviate conditions ranging from back pain, to arthritis, depression, sleep issues, headaches, and much more.
When CBD is used — either taken as an edible, oil, gummy, vape, or used topically in cream/lotion form — it interacts with the body’s cannabinoid receptors within the endocannabinoid system. This interaction, called an entourage effect, helps to regulate many of the body’s natural functions including sleep, pain, digestion, and others. What results is a calming down and alleviation of pain, nausea, and inflammation.
The Complications of Back Pain
Back pain can be both frustrating and complex. In the best case scenario, back pain will limit the number of activities you can perform. At its worst, however, chronic back pain can be downright crippling and restrictive.
The most common back pain stems from the lower back and is brought about by strain. Typically, strain happens when the muscles are torn, overexerted, or injured through falling or unsafely lifting excessively heavy objects.
Pain that occurs in the mid back can also be triggered by strain, however, it is usually caused by other more serious conditions such as osteoarthritis, a herniated disc, or general arthritis. In these circumstances, it is imperative that you seek out the diagnosis of a medical professional. However, you can still also use a topical CBD cream to help alleviate some of the pain and discomfort.
The Safety Factor of CBD Creams for Back Pain
CBD creams, like most all other CBD products, have been proven both safe and effective time and again not only by industry experts, but also by scientists. Considering all of the dangers that prescription painkillers, NSAIDs, and risky surgeries bring about, CBD cream is an easy, fast, natural, safe, and proven alternative for all types of back pain.
Regular usage of painkillers can lead to addictions and other issues. Likewise, excessive use of NSAIDs also causes dangerous health issues such as stomach ulcers, high blood pressure, bleeding, and an elevated risk of heart attacks.
How CBD Cream Can Help Relax Back Pain
CBD creams are a wonderful and fast way to help alleviate back pain. Unlike CBD oils, edibles, or other CBD products that are ingested, CBD cream, once applied topically to the skin, begins to work almost immediately to help relax and soothe the inflamed area.
The CB2 receptor within the body’s endocannabinoid system is responsible for controlling pain and inflammation. As CBD is applied or consumed, it reacts with the CB2 receptor to bring about pain relief and lower levels of inflammation faster than if no CBD were taken at all. In essence, CBD is helping the body to repair itself through the relaxation of the muscles.
Not only can CBD help with pain and inflammation, it can also help alleviate the anxiety that stems from both chronic and acute back pain. Studies show that CBD has antipsychotic properties that help quell anxiety, PTSD, depression, and other psychological conditions. Moreover, along with reducing back pain and anxiety, CBD also helps to improve rest and relaxation, which also help in the recovery process.
Why CBD Cream is Great Alternative Treatment for Back Pain
CBD Cream is a fantastic treatment for both chronic and acute back pain mainly because of its simplicity and absorption method. For those starting with CBD, figuring out the right dosage for CBD oils and tinctures can be daunting and frustrating. With CBD oil, it takes time to figure out what will be the right dosage for any individual. With that in mind, every person is different, so what works for one individual may not work for another in terms of CBD oil dosage.
CBD creams are a lot easier to use because they only simply need to be applied directly to the affected area and massaged in. Not only that, but you can use as much CBD cream as you like, and you can use it as often as you need to. The best part is that CBD cream can be applied to almost anywhere on the body where pain is felt.
CBD that’s infused into creams and lotions absorbs into the skin and enters into the affected area. Those who frequently use CBD cream say that their pain seems to lessen within a few minutes to an hour of application.
CBD Creams and Possible Adverse Effects
There are no known major side effects or risks associated with using CBD creams or other CBD products. In fact, studies show that any potential side effects from CBD are extremely minor.
However, please remember that some possible side effects associated with CBD products can include:
- Low blood pressure
- Withdrawal symptoms such as insomnia and irritability
Putting it All Together: The Best CBD Cream for Back Pain
A host of positive customer reviews make Fab CBD cream the clear winner when it comes to the best CBD cream for back pain, with Purekana coming in a close second. Likewise, countless positive studies prove that CBD cream is one of the most favorable ways to manage and reduce chronic and acute back pain.
CBD cream is the treatment of choice for long time sufferers of back pain because it is a trusted and reliable way to bring down inflammation, reduce back pain, quell anxiety, and help the body’s own healing process kick in.
Due to the rising popularity of CBD products, more back pain sufferers are looking to CBD as a natural, safe, effective, and non-habit forming way to help control and calm the discomfort and inflammation stemming from chronic and acute back pain brought about by muscle strain, arthritis, herniated discs, osteoarthritis, or other debilitating conditions.
CBD cream and other CBD products do not have any intoxicating effects and also contain very few potential side-effects. Before beginning a CBD regimen, take some time to do the research to ensure any CBD products you purchase are clean and are from a reputable brand.
CBD cream is a wonderful and easy way to calm, control, and reduce back pain. However, before purchasing any CBD products, please take the time to do the research so that you can ensure you will be purchasing products from the best possible brand. A great place to begin your research is by looking at the brands that were discussed in this article.
If you are considering trying CBD creams for pain, it’s advised to first discuss it over with your primary care doctor.